Meet us at industry events
- Meet me holding a Risk Conversation with Norman Marks and guests in Chicago on November 10, 2015. For more details see here. If you cannot make it to Chicago, then we will be holding many more events which will be advertised here and on the Risk Reimagined website as soon as the dates are confirmed. Equally, if you would like your city to appear in the list, let us know here (or on the Risk Reimagined website) and we will see what we can arrange. We can also run the same style of participative programme (sorry program…) for individual corporates, for example risk and IA departments or for boards… Let us know how we can help you raise your game with risk management.
- The Global Institute of Internal Auditors’ Conference for 2014 is being held in London on 6 to 9 July. Richard Anderson is talking about Complexity in 21st Century Organisations.
- The IRM is holding a conference to launch their current thought leadership project: Extended Enterprise 2014: Managing risk in the world of ‘VUCA’ – volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity – the days of ‘self- contained’ businesses are over. Virtually all organisations, from start-ups to multi-nationals now rely on a complex and interconnected web of suppliers, services, consultants, energy providers, distributors and many more simply to do business. This ‘extended enterprise’ gives you efficiencies of scale and expertise but it also poses growing multiples of risk. If any part of your network faces unmanaged risk, this has consequences for your own business. Extended Enterprise 2014, run by the world’s leading professional body for risk management, will show you the exact extent of your extended enterprise, the risks and opportunities it presents to your business and how best to manage them. Using IRM’s “Extended EnterpriseResources for Practitioners”, this conference is about practical solutions for managing extended commercial risk. The event will enable you to immediately apply the knowledge of expert speakers and authors of the report to your own organisation. Richard Anderson will be one of the keynote speakers.
- Richard Anderson will be participating as a keynote speaker at a conference in Athens on 12th November 2014: “From traditional Risk Management to Enterprise Risk Management: a new concept in creating enterprise value”. The conference is intended to provide input about risk trends deriving from the transformational shifts in our economic, environmental, geopolitical, societal and technological systems. It will help organisations to: (a) enhance their overall understanding of enterprise risk management; (b) help organisations realise how risks are interconnected and what impacts they may have; (c) to help entities promote the value of a consistent enterprise-wide rather than a silo- based risk approach; and (d) provide the framework for a new holistic risk management concept that can support effective decision making across all organisational activities. The conference will provide individual presentations as well as panel discussions with the participation of international experts and high level professionals from various industry sectors.
A selection of recent events:
- The Malta International Risk & Insurance Congress 2014 (12-13 June 2014), was held at the Westin Dragonara Resort, St Julian’s, Malta. Commercial Risk Europe was delighted to welcome over 120 local, European and international delegates from across the industry to beautiful sunshine at the two-day biennial event. There was an excellent line-up of speakers who engaged in lively debate and invited open discussion on all things global programmes, which gave delegates the opportunity to help them identify the best solutions for the successful management of cross-border risk. Commercial Risk Europe’s editor, Adrian Ladbury, divulged the findings of CRE’s latest Global Risk Frontiers 2014 report. Richard Anderson spoke about the IRM’s current thought leadership programme and also took part in a round table discussion on the future of the Risk Management profession.
- Developments in Enterprise Risk Management – IRM’s first regional conference in the Middle East took place on 22 May 2014 at Atlantis, the Palm, Dubai, organised in partnership with the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA). Over 400 delegates attended and were welcomed by the MD and CEO of Dubai Electricity & Water (DEWA), Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer to what is now the largest ERM conference in the region. Delegates also heard from IRM Chairman Richard Anderson on IRM’s latest thought leadership project ‘Managing Risk in Complex 21st Century Organisations’ and from international cyber risk expert Paul Dwyer, Chief Cyber Solutions Strategist at Mandiant and participated in panel discussions and breakout sessions on developments in ERM. A networking session for local IRM members was held immediately after the conference. Richard Anderson’s slides “Risk and Complexity in 21st Century Organisations” are here:
- Richard Anderson spoke at the RIMS conference in Denver in April 2014.